09 September 2007

Raise a glass lads...




When I was a relatively new fireman I met an interestin character named "Corn Water"

Corn Water's real name is Jerry. He is an expert in vertical rescue. He is the man who trained me in the joys of roping off buildings, bridges, cranes, water towers, out of helicopters, and into deep holes in the dirt, or any numerous other area where people find themselves hurt or stuck.

Jerry got named Corn Water at the fire station due to his particularly weird fetish. Every time we cooked canned corn he would suddenly appear like a squirrel on crack cocaine. He would be lickin his lips, holdin his cup and sayin things like "That corn water looks good" or "Ya ain't gonna pour out that corn water are ya?" or my personal favorite "If you ain't gonna drink that corn water I sure wouldn't mind havin it"

It got rather amusing when somebody would pretend to dump the water out. Corn Water would be so forlorn, until he would see you apper in the doorway holdin his corn cup and he would just grin and swig his elixer.





6 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Yuck! I love corn-on-the-cob, but the water? I’ll pass. I wonder, though, if you have anyone around there you call Shit Head, and what his story would be?

Anita said...

Hmmm.. Takes all kinds, doesn't it? Interesting... :)
I just stopped by from your wife's blog...

Biddie said...

LOL at your story and Coffeypot.
I'll take a pass on teh corn water, too, although I do like pickle juice from time to time...

DJ Kirkby said...

He diabetic by any chance?

Mermaid Melanie said...

Now that is a funny story! Cornwater.... tee hee...

Angela said...

Omg!! You mean to tell me he would actually DRINK the corn water!? Eeewwww gross!