07 January 2008

6 Months


Today is our six month anniversary! Don't really know what to expect at 6 months, my last go around at this wasn't exactly glorious. But, I do know it wasn't what greeted me when I got in from the job.

Tearful wife, shaken teenager, two lazy dogs.

I walked in and my wife gave me the "We need to talk" look, followed by "So..."

I sat down, not really in the mood for a so conversation. I was surprised when Trev interrupted his momma and told me what was up. He got home from school and went into the garage to help her pack up Christmas decorations. Unfortunately, when he picked up the crates he felt somethin kinda strange. Weirder feelin then that rope in gym class.

I wish I coulda seen the look on his face when he realized somethin alive had jumped onto him! He froze in place and a mouse fell to the earth at his feet, twitched a few times and died.

Cindy took over the story at this point and informed me she was afraid to enter the garage. She asked Trev to pick up the mouse, but he draws the line at vomit and dog mess. Poor kid, he's been a Haz Mat first responder since age 7.


We stop this blog for breakin news.....


A MOUSE IS IN THE HOUSE, CINDY IS SCREAMING, DOGS ARE CONFUSED, KB HAS ARMED HIMSELF WITH A LEFT BOOT AND A BROKEN-ASSED BROOM. MORE TO FOLLOW!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Interesting thing to come home to... lol The Hero to the rescue...;)

Marni said...

Sooo funny!

CindyDianne said...

Lesson of day: Mice don't survive a fall from over 4 feet when they land on their head.