18 January 2009

Good Bye Mr. President


Mr. President,

It has been a tough eight years. I look back at all that has occurred. I am amazed I am still here. Personally, I dealt with a career change, a divorce, wanderin around America, meetin Cindy and gittin remarried. Along the way we crossed paths twice. I doubt ya recall the cowboy at Des Moines International Airport who waited a few hours to shake your hand twice. We shared a joke about how I voted for you twice already, and you replied "That's how I won the election!" It was a good moment for me.

I cried on 9/11 as I watched my brothers fall from the twin towers. I still git teary eyed and goose bumped when I think of the speech you gave from ground zero while using a bullhorn. I knew you would lead the charge to keep me and my daughter safe, and for seven years we have been.

Forget what all the misguided people say. Those who can only regurgitate what MSNBC or CNN have fed them. My cousin Randy has had his boots in the sandbox. He agrees completely with what you have done, even though it has sent him in harms way. I have been astonished at the lack of independent thought about you. Idiot, dumb ass, and moron have been applied to you. Why? Cause you don't enunciate? Forget your G's at the end of your words? Can't pronounce Nuclear? People I normally consider intelligent have been the dumbasses if you ask me.

I agree it has been a tough run. I have been disappointed in the direction of our country. I do not blame you. When did the rules get passed that lead to our current financial state? Seems like it was under that other guy's administration. But the details sure seem hard to hear in the media.

When Katrina nailed our coast one woulda thought you had some remote control device steerin her into our Gulf Coast. When FEMA dropped the ball, it was all blamed on you. Nevermind the State level response was not initiated, and buses where flooded in their lots instead of used to evacuate victims. Compare that to Mississippi, Texas, Alabama and Florida who did right by their folks. Didn't git much credit did ya? But plenty of blame for men who did not take care of their own families.

I reckon I'm ramblin here, just tryin not to loose my mind in the current O'madness sweepin our land. I do not subscribe to this disease.

I guess what I'm sayin Mr. President is God Bless you. You will be missed, and if you are ever in my town look me up. You are welcome in my house and at my table anytime, just call ahead cause my wife likes to make me clean up before company comes.

5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Well said! It's funny that the liberal media never mentions the fact that FEMA arrived in N.O. and the surrounding area three days sooner than it did when the hurricane hit South Florida under Clintons administration.

CindyDianne said...

I am sad. It will not be a happy day for me, for us.

CindyDianne said...

Oh, and Husband - I love you!

KB said...

Wife-We will survive, we can just pray for our country and the people of her. I love you as well.

Coffee-it has finally stopped amazin me about the liberal agenda, and how they have been forcin their views towards us.

Anonymous said...

AMEN, brother!