09 April 2009

Howdy from the couch

It has been a long week. I started landscapin with my buddy Pete, and it has worn me down! I'm just glad Pete the professional scaper has worn down just as quick. I keep workin at this pace and I'll be back in my size 32 jeans!

So, today we had six pallets of sod, ten yards of dirt, and a bunch of chippin to do. We discussed it and I made a run for day labor. Here in Texas (and I assume elsewhere) we have parts of town where you pull up, tell em how many and they pile on in.

I needed three, got em, and was makin the drive back to the job site when I started hearin em jabberin away. Seems like my radio was on a talk station and they didn't agree what was bein said by Laura Ingram! Kinda funny...

I don't really have much else to talk bout, kinda tired. Better make it to the shower before my wife has a stroke I'm sittin on the couch. I'll leave y'all with another funny child in church story.

One Sunday in a Midwest City , a young child was "acting up" during the morning worship hour. The parents did their best to maintain some sense of order in the pew but were losing the battle. Finally, the father picked the little fellow up and walked sternly up the aisle on his way out.

Just before reaching the safety of the foyer, the little one called loudly to the congregation, "Pray for me! Pray for me!"

1 comment:

Biddie said...

I love that joke! It takes me back to when I was a kid in church. I once actually fainted during a sermon because my parents didn't believe that I was actually sick, they thought that I was just acting up...