02 May 2009

Trauma for giggles

I am sittin here with my wife, waitin for my pain to dry. She is watchin sub par TV . Seems like a necessary part of this TV is the need for gun shot wounds trauma and serious injury. Unfortunately my former Paramedic life does not let me enjoy this nonsense. Git shot in the shoulder Brachial artery hmmm or blasted in the upper thigh hey never mind that femoral artery...

Having been there and done that I find myself repulsed by violence for entertainment.

I much more prefer the violence for a purpose like the beach scene from Saving Private Ryan. Pure nasty, unflinching gore. But Gore that makes you appreciate what my Grandpa's ran through on that beach on that June morning back in 1944. Why did they both live to go on and make me? I can't express enough my admiration on what has rightly been called "Our Greatest Generation." To leave the farm, factory, or job and walk across the world to fight evil.

Ok, so I have seemed to be chasin rabbits here, so be it.

1 comment:

CindyDianne said...

Belly ache all you want Husband, as long as you aren't begrudging me for watching sub par TV.