25 November 2008

Thanks for bein there Freak!

I have been lookin back thru my blogs, and I have come to realize just how little I have mentioned my friends.

This is traditionally the time of year we are thankful, and I realize I'm lackin.

Seems like besides Tater I only mention friends once they have died.

I am blessed with all the friends I have. Durin all my travels round this world I have had so many great friends to keep me honest, laugh at me and the stupid things I do, and to save me from myself.

But, it is the ones I have shared moments with: triumphs and defeats, loves lost and found, battles waged, tears of both kinds, and moments I will never forgit, that I truly want to say thank you.

To y'all I want you to know I am always here; I don't care if it is grease fire advise (Angel), broken down busted up trucks (Too many to individually name, when are you gonna replace that beater?), or even issues of love/hate (You know who ya are) . If you need me call, my cell is always on.

There is another very special friend I have to mention. You are always there. I dump on ya and you come back like nothin ever happened. Besides my wife you are the greatest friend I have ever had. You love my daughter like she is your own, make me laugh with your adventures and misadventures, don't mind when I refer to you as "that thick girl", these past two years you have been a constant. I really wonder what life would be like with out you.

When I rant and rave about liberals you howl and growl at the moon with me, when I slip on the wood floor as I'm runnin thru the house chantin U.S.A. U.S.A. you give me that look of Way to go Dumbass!, when I run or ride thru the woods you are there. You kept that herd of cattle at bay giving The Girl time to escape and latch the gate, even if your thickness was out weighed by those heifers, cows and calves. I love you for that and so much more.

Thank you Violet. You are much beloved.

3 comments:

CindyDianne said...

She's a sweetheart, for sure. However, I really wish she wouldn't eat poo from the backyard (YUCK!) and then come in the house and throw it up (Gag!)

KB said...

See wife, that is further proof of what a good friend to me she is. She ain't ever done that when I'm home.

CindyDianne said...

If I could stand the stench I'd leave it for you to clean up! It's the least you could do, for such a good friend!