09 November 2008

Things said, but not yet done.


This weekend, The Girl uttered a sentence that amazed and also swelled my heart with pride.


"When I hit high school I wanna take J. R.O.T.C. and welding."

I asked her why, and she said she saw a poster of a girl in welding hood, gloves and coveralls, and she was impressed with what you could do when you force two pieces of metal together. She is plannin the sign for our ranch already.

Reckon Wife and I need to hash out our brand since the "Swingin D" was shot down.

As far as J.R.O.T.C., well, The Girl is impressed with her best friend's older sister wearin a uniform, and she mentioned to her momma "I love Senior Chief, he is so cool"

Senior Chief better hope he is a SEAL, or D.A.D.D.Y. is gonna take him to school.

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Seals are okay, but they don't stand up to being a squid. Seals are nuts - squids make the Navy run.

CindyDianne said...

I almost feel sorry for the future boyfriends. Unless it happens to be C.J. If it is him, I will defend that charming, handsome 11 year old (now) until the cows come home. Get it? Until the cows come home? Oh man, I make myself laugh.

KB said...

Coffee- I will have to agree, but when it comes to hand to hand combat I think SEALS still rank up there pretty high.

Wife- You are FORGITTIN your place as momma.

Cant Hardly Wait said...

I was in the Army!

She's got GOALS. That must be some kind of relief, eh?