30 November 2008

The girl

She has turned 12. Not a much discussed age, but with my Darlin' Angel it will be discussed. I am at a loss.Her momma started lifes changes around this age, and it seems like my girl is followin that same path. She blushes and plays dumb when my wife mentions C.J. She is havin to shave her legs. That trainin bra ain't a fashion accessory, but a necessity. On the other hand her purse, which is now full of necessary items, is Eyore. Such a strange and terrifyin age. Stuck between a teenager and a child. She would kill me iffen she knew about this post.

These boots adorn her little feet, the spurs are new this B-day:


All these changes. I am mixed up. Pride and sadness, fear and hope. Any other Daddies, or girls with a Daddy wanna give me words to git me by? Also, is the term Daddy universal? It sure ain't interchangeable with father that's for sure.

I know my initial instinct is to lock and load, Nuthin like a .45, times like this I wish God and Jesus would invent a .46!


3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Bud, my darling is in her 40's and I still feel the same way. They are so special the feeling never goes away. Give her a head kiss and a HBD from me.

CindyDianne said...

We'll make it through - together. It's what we do...

CindyDianne said...

Oh, and her feet ain't little.