13 August 2007

Cry me a river.

Sometimes in life we make compromises.

Last night was one of those instances. My sweety and I struck a deal, if I ran over to Gander Mountain to buy a new rifle, I would sit down and watch a chick-flick with her when I came home.

So, the gun was bought, dinner ate and it was movie time. Typical chick-flick material, story about three daughters with an insane mom.

When I was younger I'd have made snide comments like "Chick-flick huh? Better pass the kotex and Kleenex." or somethin along those lines.

Well, last night was different, I found myself enjoyin this movie, and recalled I liked the last few chick movies I saw. Made me so worried I went into the bathroom and checked myself from head to toe for one of my wife's hormone patches that must have gotten stuck to me.

So, what I'd really like to know is am I alone here? How many guys also enjoy these movies?

7 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Thanks for watching the movie with me Husband!

DJ Kirkby said...

Hmmm, will have to get Chopper to come on over and have a read and comment, once he gets number 1 and 2 sons off the computer that is! I get up early to avoid the crowds...

raine said...

Hi KB- I read your post to my husband J who cracked up as he has been saying the same thing for a few years - he has never admitted it outside the house tho'! But now I have "outed" him as a chickflick enjoyer. I can't say that he has actually ever picked one without me yet, but you never know...

Michael Colvin said...

LoL! I thought you were going to say you shot the TV with your new rifle!

I can take or leave them films. I don't know what's worse, a sappy chick flick or any film with Seagal/Norris/Van Damme in it.

katy said...

i reckon lots of guys like them but just dont own up to it!
and Tod LOL

Coffeypot said...

When I was single I use to take the ladies to see chick-flicks. It made it easier later on. Now I watch them with Sweet Tea and wonder why my life isn’t like that. Karma payback, I guess.

KB said...

So glad I'm not alone on this!

Rain-Ask J if we need to form a support group here.

TOD- nope didn't pull an Elvis Thank ya, Thank ya very much! But FYI Chuck Norris is a misunderstood genius.

Coffeypot- That Karma can be tricky.