26 August 2007

Skunked

Well, I'm back in the land of the grocery store shoppers after a weekend of livin in the wild.

Had a real good time, and nope no drinkin and shootin. Unless ya count the mornin after when we hunted the very elusive Bud light cans emptied Friday night. Makes me feel good to recycle beer cans into targets.

I thing some of the greatest times I've ever had have been at the lease. A place where men can gather, relax and just be ourselves. Plenty of practical jokes occurred, stories swapped, and insights into life shared. It's nice for this good ol' boy to be surrounded by his own kind.

On a hunting note, the animals won this weekend. Z.H. just can't shoot, I was lookin the wrong direction, and Tater was laughin too hard to fire a gun. I was alerted to the commotion by six rapid shots at what appeared to be dirt and weeds. They swear there was a Grey fox there, but the jury is still out.

Least I brought home souvenirs from my trip, several cactus spines in various parts of my body. Gotta be careful where ya sit.

6 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Did you trophy mount any of the beer cans? Hunters do that, ya know.

DJ Kirkby said...

ha, ha. Hunting weekends are a mans world all right! Happy to hear you had a great time.

katy said...

the least you could do is post a photo of the hunting wounds!

CindyDianne said...

Ahhhh, the Beer Lease...

I have part of a smoked pig in my frig, bullets on my counter and itsty bitsy prickly pear cacti spines in my husband.

Humpf.

KB said...

Coffee-Not this go around, woulda been hard to patch em up enuff for a good mount.
DJ- Yup that they are, keeps me sane.
Her Indoors- That would be one Ugly photo!

Wife- Admit it, you love it!! Makes ya all tingly and woozy.

CindyDianne said...

Husband - the Beer lease doesn't do a single thing for me. I've never been.

You on the other hand...

I guess I'll give your readers a break into of detailing what does make me tingly and woozy! ;-)