20 August 2007

I am sofa king we todd did.

Sorry y'all that it's been a few days, had to help my wife git over part of her yuckyness and work is kickin my butt.

On Sunday we went to a "Harry Potter party." My girl was super excited, kept askin my how they were gonna turn the pool into Hogwart's lake. She had several excellent suggestions, but unfortunately all of them would have been death to a pool pump.

CB had been tellin me how obsessed this group was with The Boy Who Lived, so I thought it would be great fun to dress as a wizard tryin to look like a muggle. Tacky t-shirt, dress pants, polka dot tie tied wrong, polka dot scarf as a belt, camouflage Boonie hat and flip-flops. CB wore her graduation robes with the crazy master's degree flappy bat wing lookin thingy on the sleeves. My girl dressed as a student in uniform, and I whittled her a wand usin a branch from our Crape Myrtle.

Imagine my dismay when we got there and nobody was dressed up. I felt like a doofus. They all just looked at me like I was insane. The party itself was great, they really went all out with the games and tests, and had just about every kinda wizard food ya could imagine, was pretty impressive.
The best thing about this event was that they had muggle beer which is way better then butterbeer any ol day,help ya git over the fact you are dressed worse then a teenager.

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

What is wrong with the way you dressed? I dress like that everyday. It was those wantabees who didnt' know how a real classy guy dresses who need to be pittied - untill you've downed a few beers. Then who cares.

raine said...

Oh KB...my sympathies! But that is hilarious!

CindyDianne said...

Yes, but they were secretly telling me how cool they thought you are for dressing up like that. And clever too! ;-)

DJ Kirkby said...

oooh sounds like my idea of fun! And my Chopper's idea of living hell.